|1. I use wool longies & shorties. You just put the diaper on then the woolies. We use during the day. At night, Jason wears fleece sleepers which ironically act like wool without the lanolin. So no cover then either. It's like having an AIO without the expense or longer dry time! I just pair them with a shirt of like color and that's it. My hubby loves my son's longies. When he dresses him, he chooses longies every single time. He had a tendency to forget the covers before anyway. So for him, autopilot works on these!
2. They will compression soak through(like in a car seat), but baby has to be really wet for that to happen. Wool is absorbent itself, so it's like having a liner with your diaper. That helps it not soak through. And kiddos don't stay put for long, and we change CD so often that Jason rarely has wicking.
3. We wash about every 2 weeks or so. They start to wick sooner and then you know it's washing time. Or if the cover is noticably dirty. My son tends to get peanut butter or pancake syrup on his so they tend to get washed sooner when that happens. We wash with a wool wash liquid from BuddaBunz that comes with lanolin in it. And I have a wool wash bar of soap by EweNeedIt for knees & stubborn areas.
4. Pair longies or shorties with a shirt. Onesies will get wet because they are directly against the diaper and cotton pulls out the moisture. If you use a soaker(we do not), then you can snap the onesie outside the soaker. Then use normal pants or outfits.
5. We only have Sandy's and they work fine with his woolies. MEOS are trimmer than Sandy's, so I'd think they'd work even better with a soaker & regular pants.
6. They need to be re-lanolized when they start to wick sooner. If you find baby needs a pant change sooner than you're used to, then it's time to re-lanolize or just plain wool wash with lanolin. Like every time you wash maybe. Every two weeks or so with ours.
Enjoy the wool! I started on the downward slope of loosing my mind to wool. Now I knit my own, who knew!? Be careful! You might like it.....